Probate Of Estates Attorney
At Cavanaugh & Cavanaugh – Mark. C Cavanaugh Attorney, we believe that estate law, particularly probate related estate law, is time consuming and complex. Hiring us as your probate of estates attorney will provide you with a guide to help you navigate the complicated and emotional journey of inventorying, managing, and disposing of a loved one’s estate.
In Ohio, most executors choose to be represented by an experienced probate of estates attorney. With the help of the attorney, the executor is responsible for:
• Taking care of the estate’s property until disposal
• Receiving payments that are due to the estate
• Locating and collecting on debts due to the estate
• Documenting the pertinent biographical data of all heirs to the estate
• Paying outstanding bills for the decedent
• Investigating claims made for payment from the estate
• Preparing and filing appropriate tax documents
• Following the probate court’s directions as to disposition of the estate
Taking care of the estate’s property is critical; as the goal is that the property maintains its value throughout the probate process. Overseeing upkeep, maintaining insurance policies, engaging in necessary service or repair work may all be necessary tasks to ensure that the property remains in good condition until its final disposition.
While serving as an executor can be a lot of work, you do not have to do it alone. At Cavanaugh & Cavanaugh - Mark C. Cavanaugh Attorney, we welcome the opportunity to serve as your probate of estates attorney. In that capacity, we will help you manage the issues and make decisions that serve the best interests of the estate and its heirs to ensure your loved one’s wishes are respected.
In the greater Akron, OH area, call Cavanaugh & Cavanaugh – Mark C. Cavanaugh Attorney for an initial consultation to see how an experienced probate of estates attorney can simplify the process!